The network of regions that make up the European project WE @ EU, has worked for three years in the management of innovation and efficiency in water. With funding of more than two million euros, the team of nine organizations from five countries worked on the definition and testing of models of collaborative innovation in water.
To achieve this, they have combined different management models and promoting innovation that unfold in the various participating countries and its cluster regulation and recognition by the public authorities. At this time, the collaboration has been extended to clusters of Peru and the United States and has achieved a new European collaboration project to expand energy and water clusters.
Some figures that summarize the work done by the clusters during the WE @ EU project:
- More than 110 entities, mainly companies associated with the project clusters that have benefited directly from it.
- More than 210 companies benefited directly or indirectly.
- More than 1,150 attendees at events organized by WE @ EU.
- More than 300 B2B meetings.
- 60% average increase in participants in the work of promotion and management of innovation clusters.
“WE@EU: Water Efficiency in European Urban Areas” is in the Regions of Knowledge Program of the 7th Framework Programme of the European Commission, it began in 2013 with a meeting in Zaragoza (SP). The Group of Advanced Information Systems (IAAA) Institute of Engineering Research of Aragon (I3A) of the University of Zaragoza and the cluster ZINNAE are involved in it.
The project was carried out with the participation of a network of regions that has been part Aragon in Spain; Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, in France; East of England in the UK; Eastern Galilee in Israel, and Malta.